University Departments

University departments can contact the Office of Student Life directly with requests for events they would like to host. Reservations for University departments are accepted up to 12 months in advance.A minimum of two weeks’ notice must be given to the Office of Student Life for all requests. This will help:

  • ensure the request is reviewed thoroughly. The Office of Student Life will contact the department if there are any questions or if clarification is needed.
  • sufficient time to give to contact other departments who may need to help setup for your event i.e. Facilities Services (tables and chairs), Special Events (audio/visual equipment).
  • find alternate space or select another date if the day/time/space requested is already reserved.

Not all requested space will be approved. If a university department is requesting a larger space than what is required for their event, a more appropriate space will be recommended by an OSL staff member.

No reservation is final until the university department has received an official “reservation confirmation” provided by the staff at OSL.

Audio/Visual Equipment, Tables and Chairs

If audio/visual equipment, tables, chairs, etc. are required, the university department will be referred to Facilities Services and/or Special Events to accommodate these requests. All final event layouts must be approved by OSL.

Amplified Sound

University persons and organizations may use amplified sound on campus at designated times and locations, subject to the rules in the Handbook of Operating Procedures subchapter and to the general rules in 2.2 and 2.3. Advance permission is required. Refer to each location for specific days and times amplified sound is approved.

Tents and Signage

The Office of Student Life has the final decision in determining if tents, signage or other items are permitted to be inserted into the ground. The request must be submitted to the Office of Student Life and will be reviewed by the staff..

Food & Beverage

University departments must contact Food Services by Sodexo to provide their food and beverage needs after their reservation has been approved by the Office of Student Life.

Outstanding Balances

Registered student organizations with outstanding balances owed to OSL will not be allowed to reserve space until balances have been cleared.


Damage to space or equipment will result in charges on a time and material basis for replacements or repair of the damage to the appropriate university property.


University departments who fail to cancel within 24 hours of their scheduled event will be assessed a minimum $25 Cancellation Fee. Please note this fee will vary per space and resources requested.

The Office of Student Life has final approval on all requests and has the right to cancel an event at any time.

Inclement Weather

The Office of Student Life reserves the right to cancel an event due to inclement weather. This decision will be made no later than 24 hours before the event is scheduled to begin. In the event OSL cancels, no cancellation fee will be assessed. All decisions made by OSL staff are final.