How to be Admitted to Undergraduate Study
There are 3 general steps that a new undergraduate student must fulfill to be admitted to UTEP.
- Apply for admission
- Take admission exams
- Demonstrate how you intend to pay for school.
1) Submit an electronic admissions application and pay the admission fee. Attach to your application the following documents:
- Complete, official transcripts from EACH college or university attended
- Incomplete or complete official high school transcript
- Copy of your passport
2) Take the admissions exams (only one): What exam should I take?
|TOEFL IBT/International||61 (Internet-based exam in english )|
|TOEFL Paper||500 (paper versión. Exam in english)|
|PAA||1000 (Exam in spanish with automatic entry to the Programa Interamericano)*|
|SAT||Total (Mathematics+reading) 920 with a minimum of 480 on the reading section|
|ACT||(Composite score of 20 with a minimum of 18 on the English Section|
3) Prove financial capability to cover education expenses by turning in the Confirmation of Financial Resources Form to the Office of International Programs. If you are Mexican, you can also apply to the PASE Program.
Once your application has been reviewed, the admission fee paid, your admission exams approved and your PASE/CFR applications processed, the office of Admissions and Recruitment will send you a letter of admission and an I-20 form needed to request your student visa.
- Make plans to take the placement exams Accuplacer and COMPASS ESL (if needed) to determine at what level of English and mathematics you will begin.
- Register for a New Student Orientation and for the New International Student Orientation (mandatory).
- Apply for a student visa at your local US consulate or embassy.
- Before entering the country, visit the immigration offices at the port of entry to register your entry to the country.
- Visit the Office of International Programs to register your arrival at the university. You have 15 days from your entry to report.
Office of International Programs
203 Union East Bldg * (915) 747-5664 * email@example.com * Hours: Monday-Tuesday 8-6 Wednesday-Friday 8-5
Monday-Friday 8-5 when classes are not in session.