» Controlled Substances
The University of Texas at El Paso and the Department of Residence Life supports and complies fully with
all federal, state and municipal regulations regarding the sale, possession and consumption of alcoholic
beverages. The goal of both the University and the Department of Residence Life is to provide a living environment,
conducive to academic and personal development.
The following policies apply to all residents of Miner Village/Miner Heights and their guests:
• No person under the age of 21 may consume or possess alcoholic beverages in Miner Village/
• The use of alcohol is permitted in a student’s unit if all participants are of legal drinking age and
the door to the unit is closed while alcohol is being consumed.
• Residents who allow guests to enter a unit where alcohol is being consumed are responsible for
both the behavior of the guest(s) and for the guests’ adherence to all applicable policies and laws.
• Intoxication shall in no way limit the responsibility of residents or guests of Miner Village from the
consequences of their behavior.
• Residents shall not participate in alcohol related conduct which infringes upon the rights of oth
ers to a quiet, orderly living environment.
• Residents who threaten their safety and/or others through the use of alcohol, or require the as
sistance of staff will be subject to disciplinary action.
• Decorative containers or collections, such as empty bottles and cans, are not permitted in Miner
• Alcohol may not be consumed in any of the public areas of Miner Village. These include lounges,
laundry areas, stairwells, hallways, and outdoor spaces inside the gates.
• Beer kegs, party balls or other large alcoholic containers are not permitted.
REPEATED VIOLATIONS OF THE RESIDENCE LIFE ALCOHOL POLICY WILL RESULT IN EVICTION AND
OTHER DISCIPLINARY ACTION AS APPROPRIATE.