Office of Emergency Management
The Office of Emergency Management promotes campus safety to students and staff in order to provide the university community with the tools needed to prepare and respond to a campus emergency. UTEP’s All Hazards Emergency Response Plan can reduce the impact of an emergency.
This office is located at the University Police Department, 3118 Sun Bowl Drive.
At UTEP, emergencies are classified as:
In case of an emergency and as a member of our UTEP community, you can prepare for an incident by:
- Becoming familiar with campus building names, locations, etc…
- Providing clear and precise information to campus and rescue personnel.
- Being aware of disabled co-workers and students who may need help.
- Being prepared to remain inside the building “Shelter in PlacE” when instructed to do so.
- Remaining calm and follow instructions do not leave until instructed to do so.
- Becoming familiar with the University’s Emergency Management Plan found at the UTEP Police Department website