|EL PASO POLICE DEPARTMENT||911|
|UTEP POLICE DEPARTMENT||(915) 747-5611|
|MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS LINE||(915) 779-1800|
|NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION HOTLINE||1-800-273-8255|
|TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL CRIME VICTIMS SERVICE DIVISION||(915) 834-5815|
|CHILD/ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES||1-800-252-5400|
|VETERANS CRISIS LINE||1-800-273-8255|
- University Counseling Center
- University Career Center
- Office of Student Life
- Recreational Sports
- Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
- Student Engagement and Leadership Center
- Residence Life
- Student Affairs
- Center for Accommodation and Support Services
- National Alliance on Mental Illness UTEP
- AA UTEP
El Paso Resources
- Addiction Center Addiction Center was founded by recovering addicts and health information writers. Their goal is to provide the most up-to-date information on addiction as well as reviews of top treatment centers across the country.
- Al-Anon Helping families and friends of alcoholics recover from the effects of living with the problem drinking of a relative or friend.
- Alcoholics Anonymous A fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
- Alcohol Rehab Guide Learn about alcohol and health.
- Alcohol Screening.Org Learn about alcohol and health.
- Alcoholism & Alcohol Related Problems The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence fights the stigma and the disease of alcoholism and other drug addictions.
- The Bacchus Network An international association of college- and university-based peer education programs focusing on alcohol abuse prevention and other related student health and safety issues.
- College Drinking Prevention Changing the culture of college drinking.
- The Drink Wheel: Breath Alcohol Calculator The Intoximeters Inc. "Drink Wheel"1 is a form that you can fill out that when completed will instantly compute your estimated blood/breath alcohol concentration ("BAC") or blood alcohol content.
- Information on Alcohol Poisoning Drinking too much? It's time to be safe. This link provides in-depth material on alcohol poisoning.
- Marijuana Anonymous - Marijuana Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share our experience, strength, and hope with each other that we may solve our common problem and help others to recover from marijuana addiction.
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics National Association for Children of Alcoholics believes that no child of an alcoholic should grow up in isolation and without support. This link will provide you with important facts for and about children of alcoholics.
- Overeaters Anonymous Overeaters Anonymous offers a program of recovery from compulsive eating using the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of OA. OA is not just about weight loss, weight gain or maintenance, or obesity or diets. It addresses physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. It is not a religious organization and does not promote any particular diet
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Partnering with people in recovery from mental and substance use disorders to guide the behavioral health system and promote individual-, program, and system-level approaches that foster health and resilience; increase permanent housing, employment, education, and other necessary supports; and reduce barriers to social inclusion
- SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator Use this portal to find any specific treatment needs or requests, and sort by a range of variables.
- Stacie Mathewson Foundation The Stacie Mathewson Foundation, founded in 2011 by Stacie Mathewson, is focused on addiction recovery and prevention for young people; and is committed to erasing the social stigma associated with substance use disorders. Presently, the Foundation is acting on the call for the expansion of community-based recovery support models to extend the continuum of care into schools and colleges. This is being undertaken through a capacity-building approach that supports local coalitions as they mobilize their community-based assets to help youth in recovery live their best lives.