Try to find a job that is directly related to your field of study. Among other benefits, gain experience that:
- Enhances classroom learning, integrating academic curriculum and real-life experience
- Helps clarify career goals
- Improves job prospects after graduation, offering valuable work experience and contact with prospective employers;
- Provides an income to offset college expenses;
- Teaches valuable job search skills, like career assessment, resume writing, and interviewing techniques;
- Encourages completion of college by making the connection between school and work;
- Often affords the opportunity to travel and live in another part of the country or the world.