Graduate and Professional Schools
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014
- 10:00AM – 2:00PM
- Union Building – East, 3rd Floor
- UTEP Campus
The University Career Center at The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) invites you to participate in the 2014 Graduate & Professional Schools Fair.
The fair is intended to expose UTEP students to the vast educational opportunities that await them after graduation. This is a time for many of our graduates to determine whether or not a graduate or professional program best meets their future goals. Please note the following facts about the University:
- Enrollment at UTEP has reached 23,000 for fall 2013 – and that number continues to increase each year.
- UTEP offers 71 bachelor’s degrees, 76 master’s-level degrees and programs, and 20 doctoral degrees, with others in development.
- With nearly $80 million in annual research spending, UTEP is dedicated to becoming the first national research university serving a 21st century student demographic. The University is actively working towards becoming a Tier One, or national research university.
- UTEP is comprised of eight academic colleges and schools: Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts, Science, the School of Nursing and the Graduate School.
- UTEP is the only doctoral research intensive university in the United States with a student body that is predominantly Mexican-American (over 75% of the student population is Hispanic).
- UTEP was recognized by Washington Monthly magazine as #7 in the nation for excellence in social mobility, research and service. More specifically, UTEP ranked #1 among all U.S. universities in the Social Mobility category for helping our students achieve their dreams and professional aspirations.
We respectfully invite you to visit with our students and discuss your programs, research opportunities, admission requirements, and financial assistance. You will discover that we have many interested students who can contribute significantly to your academic programs.
To participate in the fair, complete the online registration steps outlined below. The registration fee of $200 includes one 1½’ x 8’ table, two chairs, continental breakfast, and lunch for one representative. You may buy additional meal tickets for $20.00 each
The deadline for registration is Monday, September 15, 2014. Please note, space is limited and booth placement will be done on a first-come first-served basis, according to when you register, so please act soon. If you have any questions, contact us at your earliest convenience.
Nick Zweig, Internship Program Coordinator – email@example.com (915) 747 – 8960
Areli Guajardo, Graduate Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org (915) 747 – 6507
- Click the “Employer Login” button
- If you have an account already, login. If not, use the link “Click here to register”
- Once you are logged in, click on the Career Events Tab and click ‘Search’. Type “Graduate” or enter event ID: 4105
- From the list displayed, find the Graduate & Professional Schools Fair; to the right, click register.
- Fill in the requested information, including payment method.
- If paying by credit card, you may now do so directly in Job Mine.
- Complete your Fair Registration and SAVE.
Important Points to Remember
- Your confirmation packet will be emailed to the address you noted on the registration.
- Hotel and car rental information will be included in your confirmation packet. The parking map and parking permit will be emailed to you as we get closer to the event date.
- If paying by check, please make checks payable to UTEP Career Center (FIN# 746-000-813).
- Cancellations before midnight, September 15, 2014 will receive a refund minus an administrative fee of $50. No refunds will be processed after September 15, 2014.
- Invoice and receipts also will be coming to you via email.
- Contact us with any questions you may have at (915) 747-5640 or via email at email@example.com.
Registration Deadline – Monday September 15, 2014
Career Expo FALL 2014
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- Thursday, September18 and Friday, September 19, 2014
- 9:00AM – 2:00PM
- Don Haskins Center
- UTEP Campus
The University Career Center invites you to attend Career EXPO 2014. The career fair will be held on Thursday, September 18 and Friday, September 19, 2014, in the Don Haskins Center. To better accommodate students and employers, EXPO is scheduled from 9:00AM – 2:00PM on both days. In 2013 Career EXPO attracted over 1,858 students, alumni and community members.
Your participation in CAREER EXPO will allow you to showcase information about your organization and employment opportunities, maintain a presence on the UTEP campus, and identify candidates for future consideration. Facts about UTEP that will interest you include:
- Enrollment for fall 2013 was 23,000 students – our twelve continuous record fall enrollment.
- UTEP offers 70 bachelor’s degrees, 75 master’s-level degrees, and 19 doctoral degrees, with others in development.
- UTEP was ranked second among UTEP System academic institutions in annual federally funded research spending – more than $76 million.
- UTEP has earned the designation of one of the state’s “Emerging Tier One” universities by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- The only doctoral research intensive university in the United States with a student body that is predominantly Mexican-American (77.45% of the student population is Hispanic).
UTEP is dedicated to becoming the first national research (Tier One) university serving a 21st Century student demographic.
- Colleges and schools include: Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts, Science, and the School of Nursing.
- BOTH DAYS: The registration fee of $600 includes one six-foot table, two chairs, continental breakfast, and lunch for two representatives.
- ONE DAY: The registration fee of $350 includes one six-foot table, two chairs, continental breakfast, and lunch for two representatives.
Direct your questions to Betsy Castro-Duarte, Associate Director, at (915)747-5640 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is now available on line at www.utep.edu/careers – Employers – Career Fairs.
Points to Remember
- Cancelation Policy – Submission of the online registration acknowledges the organization’s financial obligation for all fees associated with the event.
- Your confirmation packet will be e-mailed to the address you note on the registration.
- Hotel and car rental information, parking map, and parking permits will be included in your confirmation packet.
- If paying by check, please make checks payable to UTEP Career Center. (FIN# 746-000-813).
- Cancellations received by September 11, 2014 will receive a refund minus an administrative fee of $50. No refunds will be given after September 12, 2014.
- Invoice and receipt also will be sent to the email provided on your registration.
- Click on Employer Login.
- Create your account, if you don’t already have one, by clicking on “Click here to register”, and complete creating your employer profile.
- Click on the “Career Events” tab at the top. In the “Career Event Name” type “EXPO” or click Search.
- Click “Register” and complete your registration.
- Please indicate the majors and degree levels you are looking to hire and indicate whether you hire international students. We use this information to advertise your participation at the fair to the appropriate academic areas/students.
Registration Deadline – Friday, September 5, 2014.
9/4/2013: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) Info Session
All business majors are invited to come speak with representatives from OCC. Location: Business Administration Room 302
9/3/2013: Solavei Information Table
Visit with them starting at 10:00AM in the Union Bldg.
9/11/2013: NASA Johnson Space Center Info Session
NASA will be at UTEP conducting an information session regarding their internship/co-op program. The session will take place in the Classroom Bldg ACES
8/29/13: U.S. Marine Corps Information Table
Infromation Table at the Career Center , 103 W. Union Bldg.
For more information, call us at 747-5640